The best shampoo for dry hair
What is dry hair?
When you run your fingers through your hair, does it feel rather brittle, crunchy, or rough to touch? Does it look dull, lack body & bounce, and just look like straw? Is it hard to brush, and does it tangle and get knotty really easily?
If anything from the summary above applies to you, then you have dry hair.
People often write to us to ask for advice for their dry hair, and invariably they have three questions that always stand out,
1- Why is my hair dry?
2- Why do I have dry hair?
3- What do I need to do to fix my dry hair problem?
To begin with, it’s worth noting that nobody is born with dry hair. Hair is simply a protein chain that grows out of your scalp, and with the exception of bad health or particular drugs that can alter the protein chains composition, for the most of us what happens after hair is born is what changes it to become dry.
So once your hair is “born” or formed down deep in the Papilla, it begins to grow outwards and at the same time your scalp produces sebum (natural oil) to help lubricate it, and keep it moisturised.
Sometimes not enough sebum is produced that leads to dry hair. This lack of natural oil leaves the hair exposed, or raw and dehydrated, making it look, and feel dry.
External factors that make your hair dry:
On top of this natural reason for people having dry hair, there are many other contributing factors that can make your hair even dryer than it should be including;
- Using a harsh shampoo that will strip away all of your natural oils and leave it exposed to moisture loss.
- Using heat appliances that smooth out, straighten, or curl your hair by temporarily changing the moisture structure within the hair itself.
- Blow-drying your hair too often.
- Using Alcohol based styling products that evaporate moisture from the hair.
- Exposing your hair to the sun, UV light, wind, or dry air, even air conditioning.
- Using chemicals like hair colour, bleach, or relaxers that can damage the cuticle layer and leave your hair damaged and feeling dry.
- Using a brush with split bristles that can damage your hair and leave it feeling rough and torn.
So as you can see, there are so many reasons why hair becomes dry, and so it’s no wonder that the ratio of dry hair to oily hair across the Western World is 90% for dry hair, and only 10% for oily hair.
How to fix dry hair:
What dry hair needs most and is screaming out for is moisture. Therefore naturally the first place to start, is with a good moisturising shampoo that is designed specifically to help bring dry hair back to good health.
One of the best dry hair shampoo’s is NFUZION Replenish Shampoo.
Used by plenty of people, this dry hair shampoo is a “moisture drink” for dry, coloured, damaged, stressed, and dehydrated hair due to a number of key ingredients that include;
- Hydrolysed Silk Protein that will strengthen & seal damaged hair fibres leading your hair to feel silky soft & smooth with plenty of shine.
- Panthenol that directs moisture into hair to thicken the hair fibre, and that will maintain moisture balance of your hair & scalp.
- Gentle but Strengthening Cleanser that will get your hair clean and add some protein at the same time.
- PH6,this is where healthy hair needs to be and this dry hair shampoo will provide you with this balance.
The NFUZION Replenish Shampoo also comes in a 1 litre size and is great for all hair types and textures, from fine, to coarse, straight, to curly. It is affordably priced at only $18.95 for the 375ml size, or $26.95 for the 1 litre size where your hair will feel much better immediately after using it just once.
The next thing to do is use a dry hair conditioner to seal the hair and leave it with the same moisturising properties. NFUZION Replenish Conditioner is the perfect compliment to the shampoo.
A few more ways to fix dry hair:
If your hair is really dry, it may need some extra help to keep it moisturised and protected. This is very important particularly if your hair is long and if you overdo any of the dry hair external factors we mentioned before.
NFUZION Professional Hair Booster will protect against UV light, chlorine, and salt water. A must for the entire family in Summer.
And for hair that is already damaged we recommend:
NFUZION Intensive Professional Repair Treatment that will reconstruct your dry hair with Silk Amino Acid Complex to strengthen and repair it.
So if you have dry hair, don’t despair…the good news is that it can be fixed once you use the best dry hair shampoo, conditioner, and other complimenting dry haircare products.
Try them for yourself...you will be glad that you did.
- Liz Karbowiak