Hair Tips and Tricks From Salon Supplies To Your Door — Aussie Haircare
The Best Hair Care Advice You're Not Following 0
When it comes to our hair, we often think we're doing our best, when we're letting it down. The Internet is awash with hair care advice, but are you sure you're actually paying attention? From failing to protect your locks when you're straightening to taking a brutal approach while combing, failing to follow the right hair care advice isn't the best way to maximise your locks' potential.
Get The Most Volume From Your Curls 0
Embrace Your Curls
It’s common for girls who have naturally wavy and curly hair to straighten their hair too often. But too much heat styling can damage your hair and create all kinds of issues like dryness, excess frizz and worsen split ends. One of the best things to do is to give your hair a "styling rest day" and stay clear of the hair iron. Instead, style your hair by enhancing your natural waves and curls by using the following 3 steps:
How To Get Surf Hair 0
Firstly take a shower and wet your hair the night before, using cooler water gives better results as this reduces the amount of frizz. Towel dry your hair and evenly divide it into two sections. Braid each section and sleep with the braids in place. In the morning take the braids out to reveal your stylish new surf hair.
How To Use Sea Salt Spray To Get Beach Inspired Hair 0
Sea salt sprays offer the hope of perfect beach hair, but is it really that simple?
They may seem like a fad product but sea salt sprays do work. They are fantastic and quick ways to add texture and body to your hair, even if you’re miles from the sea.
HOW TO USE SEA SALT SPRAYS IN DRY HAIR
When to use sea salt sprays in dry hair:
- To add texture to all hair types
- To mess up curls that look too perfect
- To add waves to straight/wavy hair
- To restyle hair on the second day, when it doesn’t need a wash but looks a little flat
- To get that perfect bed-head hair
Tips for using sea salt sprays in dry hair:
- Always use sea salt spray as the last step in your styling process. Finish blowdrying or curling your hair, and apply any serums or creams. Then use sea salt spray as the final spritz on the midlengths to the ends of your hair.
- Don’t apply sea salt spray to your roots. Sea salt spray works best on the ends and midlengths on your hair. Lightly spritz it on the ends of your hair and shake your hair or scrunch it up in your hands to encourage the curl.
- Spray lightly. Sea salt spray adds texture to your hair so is perfect for fine hair. But if you spray too much you risk weighing your fine hair down. Avoid spraying your roots and instead scrunch it into the ends of your hair.
- Still need extra volume at the roots? Try a styling powder instead.
- Skip the hairspray. Sea salt spray offers some hold so you won’t need to use a hairspray as well.
Remember that salt is drying on your hair and these products replicate that effect on your hair. It’s a good idea to condition your hair well after using sea salt sprays.
HOW TO USE SEA SALT SPRAYS IN WET HAIR
When to use sea salt sprays in wet hair:
- To enhance your natural waves or curls
- To add texture to straight hair
Tips for using sea salt sprays in wet hair:
- Apply to damp hair, not wet hair. It’s best to apply sea salt to towel dried hair, not when your hair is soaking wet.
- Don’t rub your hair with a towel. If you have curly hair, be careful not to rub your hair with a towel as this will break up your curls and make your hair frizz. You’re aiming for texture but not frizz. There’s a small but distinct difference.
- Spritz at the ends and midlengths of your hair. Then lightly scrunch it into your hair but try not to touch your hair too much.
- Let your hair air dry. Let your hair dry naturally and once it’s dry you can scrunch the ends a little more to emphasise the texture.
Remember that sea salt sprays add texture and enhance curls, but only if you had something there to begin with. Spraying sea salt spray in really straight hair when it’s wet will add some texture, but you won’t get the same result. It’s best to let straight hair dry and then spray the sea salt in at the end to add texture.
You can try our Edgy Surfin Styler here: it's full of natural goodness to keep that beach hair looking healthy.